This quilt was made by Jane. She made white squares with little triangles on two opposite corners. The blocks were set out and guests signed them, wrote messages of love, some jokes and one picture is drawn. The quilt is quilted in overall curls.
The quilt maker did a wonderful job in planning out the use of the Bride and Grooms school colors of blue and gold. She also planned a light to dark yellow, then light blue to dark blue gradients in the elongated star layout. Wonderful job Jane!
This quilt is amazing!
I decided that I wanted to make a fabric book for my grand daughters. I am not able to do the hand work with wool due to my limited use of my fingers in fine hand work. I was thinking about what to do with all the test blocks I have in my box that I made when testing patterns for Quiltmakers 100 block magazine. These blocks are all 12 inch blocks. I made a 3 inch frame around each block and then sewed them together. 4 block top and a 4 block back, it is reversable. I loaded it on the longarm and tried to line up the seams. The 3 inch frames are oversized so I can trim them down. I sewed a header for the back, in the pic below.
Once off the frame, I cut the quilt into a 2 block strip. I bound two the quilts. Overall there are 8 blocks used in these 2 little quilts and that is how many pages there are total.
The book is to be used as an I spy book. There are tons of colors, shapes, and things to find. I think they can be rolled up and washed as needed. Now to make another one !
I will say that the 12 in blocks are a little big so the next books I try to make will be a smaller block size and maybe a bit more interactive… say add buttons with wool that can be buttoned on. A good excuse to learn how to make button holes on my new machine…. never made a buttonhole before. All about the adventure!
Today I have finished piecing my bali pop quilt. I have seen this woven ribbon quilt on the internet and I thought this was a perfect way to showcase the fabrics in this quilt. I had several shades of gray for the sashing but not enough to make any specific pattern. So I randomly arranged the blocks and this is what I came up with. I am going to practice fill stitches on the long arm in each batik print. I am pretty excited. The bonus is the quilt is larger than I thought it would be. Here is tutorial on this quilt with all the measurements on how to make this block.
I have loaded this really sweet log cabin on the frame and started a feather stitch on it. I think it is really going to look great.
Off to a St Patrick’s day Party. We had tons of fun listening to great music,
Watching Irish Dancers, these kids were Great!
Being Silly and having dinner. We won silent auction items, a beelek porcelain trinity knot and a print. We won door prizes a t shirt and a glass. Then we stayed at the historic hotel that the Hooley was held at. A great date night!
The lobby is a pretty place. The rooms are as well.
Overall a very nice night out. Back home this morning, I spent lots of time sewing and quilting since I was able to do some early spring cleaning yesterday before we left. I have to say it was nice to get so much done. I am going to post a little tutorial of what I did to use up some of my “orphan” blocks ( you know those block made but not used in a quilt.)
This is the most recent quilt I have finished. It is a kit that will be available soon at a local quilt shop. The quilt is large and I think would fit a queen size bed! I love the whimsical fabrics yet the overall look is dramatic. It is quilted with loops, flowers and swirls for an overall freemotion design. I used a grey Superior sew fine thread. The fabrics need to be seen in person! Google Delphine’s Quilt Shop forinfo onthe store.
And to think I live only a few houses away!
There is a kit in the store already for this quilt. I am going to quilt it in a few weeks. I am thinking about the design right now. More to come on this modern quilt. The gold star is a ceiling decoration and not part of the quilt.